Tuesday, August 28, 2012

Baby Food Tuesday - Avocado & Banana Mash


You all know how it is.  Summer is over and quick meals are what's going on the table.  Our house is no different.  My baby, Myles, is 3 1/2 months old.  I am making babyfood now while all the good stuff is in season.  This winter, when he decides he is ready for solids, I will have an abundance of fresh organic choices for him to try! 

Avocado’s are a great first food for baby.  We buy ours in bulk and freeze them.  You can freeze them by just cutting them in half, taking out the pit, and putting them in a freezer bag.  When freezing, always be sure to date and label your goodies.  Some things ALL look the same in the freezer!

I’d like to share a super easy option for you that you can mash up fresh quickly for baby to eat right away.  You can also freeze it, which is what I am doing, so that baby can enjoy it in the winter months.  In a deep freeze, I like to keep mine about 6 months.  If it were in just a compartment freezer, I would only keep it about 3-4 months.  You will love how easy this is!
Avocado and Banana Mash
1 very ripe avocado
1 very ripe banana
 Mash em up with a fork! 
I have special babyfood trays with lids, but you can easily use an ice cube tray too.  I freeze them, then pop em out into a freezer bag, and then label it with ingredients and the date!! 



With a hectic schedule, easy foods like this get us through.  It’s nutritious and babies love it!!

~Danielle McClure

No comments: